Saturday, January 23, 2010

introduction and expectations

Hey everyone!
First of all I´d like to tell you-in short- who I am. My name is Irina and I´m 21 years old. Like Marian I`m studying cultural studies at "TU Dortmund" in Germany. In my freetime I like travelling, listening to music, doing sports and going out in nice restaurants and cafes^^
One of my classes in American studies is the course"The 2008 Elections U.S. Political Culture and the New Media" which is led by our wonderful "blogmaster":-) Svetlana Makeyeva.
She was actually the one who has suggested trying out what it`s like being a blogger for a whole week. Consequently our task was to write a blog about a blogger or blogsite , for a week. Although blogging is such a phenomenon especially in the USA, where president Obama got so much support from bloggers all over the world( during his presidentail campaign in 2008), it is still quite unknown in Germay. That`s why I am even more excited about this "experiment".
Now it´s time to apply all the skills we have learned in class, and not to forget , in the early hours of a Tuesday morning:-)
Me and my blogpartner Marian have decided to choose a video blog called "Crooks and Liars"as our inspiration source. This is an American liberal blog which was listed as one of the 25 best Blogs of 2009 by Time Magazine.
Thus we will be presenting you , each day the best and most interesting videos found on this site of course all commented! Enjoy yourselves!


Here we go!

I.F.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogmaster"? ;DDDD This is not true! I am more a theoretician than blogger-practitioner! ;DDD

    I am glad to see your first blog-post, Irina! Keep up! Looking forward to reading your stuff!

    ReplyDelete